Volunteering with IDFA
IDFA engages the services of International Entertainment, a leading commercial fundraiser who organises and markets several shows on our behalf. Businesses are encouraged to sponsor tickets to our shows which in turn support children with special needs and disadvantaged families within their community. Tickets are given to these families to provide respite and an exciting and fun experience they might not be able to afford otherwise.
Through the profits received from ticket sales IDFA can continue to support patients and families living with immunodeficiencies. Funds raised pay for printing of resources, education programs, patient meetings and conferences.
International Entertainment manage the following shows on our behalf:
- Get involved with our education program and become a mentor/tutor supporting other IDFA members.
- Join our Patient Advisory Panel to assist IDFA with program content and feedback.
- Spread awareness of primary immunodeficiency in your local community and healthcare facilities by distributing our resources (we’ll supply you with material).
- Are you a natural public speaker? Offer your time to speak at events about your experience living with immunodeficiency.
- Become an IDFA fundraiser by selling IDFA merchandise, host fundraising events at your school or in your community. Examples of past fundraising activities include:
- Zebra Day (mufti day at school/work with gold coin donations and IDFA merchandise to sell)
- Sausage sizzles
- Community picnics
- Sponsored challenges ie marathons, kayaking
- Support our advocacy campaigns ie collect signatures for petitions, facilitate IDFA campaigns in your state.
- Assist at major IDFA events with setting up venues, facilitating deliveries for the event or registering attendees.
- Co-ordinate casual gatherings for IDFA members in your state.
Projects and Student Placements
If you are a university student or have skills you would like to utilise, we are offering a range of project opportunities in areas such as:
- Business Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Membership Strategy
- IT/Database Solutions
- Administrative Policy and process Review
- Health promotion
Join us at the IDFA office
We’d love to meet you! Whether you’re local to Sydney or just visiting, we’ll have a job for you.
- Put together Resource Packs
- Basic administrative tasks ie data entry, filing, printing