Volunteering with IDFA
Your support as a volunteer helps us achieve our goals towards educating, advocating and spreading awareness of immunodeficiencies within the public and medical communities. Whether you’re a patient, carer, friend or family member it can be an empowering opportunity to work in the field of rare disease.
- Get involved with our education program and become a mentor/tutor supporting other IDFA members.
- Join our Patient Advisory Panel to assist IDFA with program content and feedback.
- Support our advocacy campaigns ie collect signatures for petitions, facilitate IDFA campaigns in your state.
- Spread awareness of primary immunodeficiency in your local community and healthcare facilities by distributing our resources (we’ll supply you with material).
- Are you a natural public speaker? Offer your time to speak at events about your experience living with immunodeficiency.
- Assist at major IDFA events with setting up venues, facilitating deliveries for the event or registering attendees.
- Co-ordinate casual gatherings for IDFA members in your state.
- Become an IDFA fundraiser by selling IDFA merchandise, host fundraising events at your school or in your community. Examples of past fundraising activities include:
- Zebra Day (mufti day at school/work with gold coin donations and IDFA merchandise to sell)
- Sausage sizzles
- Community picnics
- Sponsored challenges ie marathons, kayaking
Projects and Student Placements
If you are a university student or have skills you would like to utilise, we are offering a range of project opportunities in areas such as:
- Business Development
- Marketing and Communications
- Membership Strategy
- IT/Database Solutions
- Administrative Policy and process Review
- Health promotion
Join us at the IDFA office
We’d love to meet you! Whether you’re local to Sydney or just visiting, we’ll have a job for you.
- Put together Resource Packs
- Basic administrative tasks ie data entry, filing, printing