The global pandemic is an ever-changing situation so it’s important you keep up to date with the current status in your state or territory. For those living with an immunodeficiency please seek guidance specific to your illness from your medical team particularly if you suffer from respiratory issues.
COVID-19 – immunodeficiency and vaccines
With the implementation of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, we have had a range of questions from our members about what this will mean for people with primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
We have compiled a list of resources for you which provide information specific to the immunodeficiency community, the vaccines available in Australia and the national rollout strategy.
This is a topic we will continue to explore throughout 2021.
- ASCIA – COVID-19 vaccine FAQ’s for those living with allergy, immunodeficiency and autoimmunity
- ASCIA – Guide: Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and COVID-19 Vaccination
- ASCIA – Allergy, Immunodeficiency and Autoimmunity COVID-19 Vaccination Position Statement
- Australian Government – Department of Health – updates for COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Australia’s vaccine national rollout strategy
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – COVID-19 health alert information
- Worldwide Joint Statement – COVID-19 in children and adults with Primary Immunodeficiencies (updated Nov. 2020)
This month, 8-year-old Tyson Gavan is aiming to raise $5,000 for the IDFA by calling on people to sponsor him to cut off his hair this Giving Tuesday (30th November, 2021)....
IDFA would like to send their condolences to the family and friends of Geoffrey McAlary and thank them for their donations that have been made in memory of Geoffrey. Geoffrey...
Perth local, 24-year-old Luke Kavenagh ran for a cause at the Perth Marathon over the weekend, raising close to $2,000 for the Immune Deficiencies Foundation Australia (IDFA)....