The global pandemic is an ever-changing situation so it’s important you keep up to date with the current status in your state or territory. For those living with an immunodeficiency please seek guidance specific to your illness from your medical team particularly if you suffer from respiratory issues.
COVID-19 – immunodeficiency and vaccines
With the implementation of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, we have had a range of questions from our members about what this will mean for people with primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
We have compiled a list of resources for you which provide information specific to the immunodeficiency community, the vaccines available in Australia and the national rollout strategy.
This is a topic we will continue to explore throughout 2021.
- ASCIA – COVID-19 vaccine FAQ’s for those living with allergy, immunodeficiency and autoimmunity
- ASCIA – Guide: Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and COVID-19 Vaccination
- ASCIA – Allergy, Immunodeficiency and Autoimmunity COVID-19 Vaccination Position Statement
- Australian Government – Department of Health – updates for COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Australia’s vaccine national rollout strategy
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – COVID-19 health alert information
- Worldwide Joint Statement – COVID-19 in children and adults with Primary Immunodeficiencies (updated Nov. 2020)
What is World PI Week? World PI Week offers an opportunity to inform and educate health policy-makers, schools and families, and the general public about primary...
What is Rare Disease Day? Rare Disease Day is the globally-coordinated movement on rare diseases, working towards equity in social opportunity, healthcare, and access to...
This information has been provided by IDFA member, teacher and mum of two, Bianca. You can read more about Bianca's story here. Bianca is one of our friendly family support...