The global pandemic is an ever-changing situation so it’s important you keep up to date with the current status in your state or territory. For those living with an immunodeficiency please seek guidance specific to your illness from your medical team particularly if you suffer from respiratory issues.
COVID-19 – immunodeficiency and vaccines
With the implementation of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, we have had a range of questions from our members about what this will mean for people with primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
We have compiled a list of resources for you which provide information specific to the immunodeficiency community, the vaccines available in Australia and the national rollout strategy.
This is a topic we will continue to explore throughout 2021.
- ASCIA – COVID-19 vaccine FAQ’s for those living with allergy, immunodeficiency and autoimmunity
- ASCIA – Guide: Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and COVID-19 Vaccination
- ASCIA – Allergy, Immunodeficiency and Autoimmunity COVID-19 Vaccination Position Statement
- Australian Government – Department of Health – updates for COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Australia’s vaccine national rollout strategy
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – COVID-19 health alert information
- Worldwide Joint Statement – COVID-19 in children and adults with Primary Immunodeficiencies (updated Nov. 2020)
We are excited to announce the beginning of our Primary Immune Education (PIE) Program. The PIE Program is a series of 12 educational webinars held each Thursday evening (AEST)...
As part of our World PI Week 2021 campaign the team at IDFA collaborated with members who submitted their personal vision to produce a video. Their stories reflected upon the...
World PI Week is a global awareness campaign held annually between 22-29 April, bringing together stakeholders worldwide to create a ‘global movement’. The primary aims of World...