The global pandemic is an ever-changing situation so it’s important you keep up to date with the current status in your state or territory. For those living with an immunodeficiency please seek guidance specific to your illness from your medical team particularly if you suffer from respiratory issues.
COVID-19 – immunodeficiency and vaccines
With the implementation of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, we have had a range of questions from our members about what this will mean for people with primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
We have compiled a list of resources for you which provide information specific to the immunodeficiency community, the vaccines available in Australia and the national rollout strategy.
This is a topic we will continue to explore throughout 2021.
- Australian Government – Department of Health – updates for COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Australia’s vaccine national rollout strategy
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – COVID-19 health alert information
- Worldwide Joint Statement – COVID-19 in children and adults with Primary Immunodeficiencies (updated Nov. 2020)
World PI Week is a global awareness campaign held annually between 22-29 April, bringing together stakeholders worldwide to create a ‘global movement’. The primary aims of World...
Held on the last day of February each year Rare Disease Day is an international campaign aimed at raising awareness of rare diseases amongst the general public and decision...
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we have already started to change our Business Model so that we are able to provide our education, awareness and advocacy campaigns online,...