This is where we will keep you posted about current IDFA news. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Latest IDFA Updates
QLD High Tea Member Reunion Wrap-up
It was fantastic to see some of our members at our QLD Member Reunion at the Rydges Hotel on the 19th of November. At the event, guests heard from two IDFA members about their...
Carolyn Dews, IDFA CEO, Takes on Ride500 Challenge
Carolyn Dews, IDFA CEO, Takes on Ride500 Challenge To celebrate the once in a lifetime UCI 2022 Road World Championships taking place in Wollongong, Cancer Council NSW is...
Young Adult Members Conference: 23 July 2022
Itinerary Saturday 23 July, 9am to 3pm 9am-9:05am: Welcome. Acknowledgement of Country. 9.05am-9:15am: Introductions. Presenter: Carolyn Dews, IDFA CEO. 9.15am-9:45am: 3 x Young...
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The global pandemic is an ever-changing situation so it’s important you keep up to date with the current status in your state or territory. For those living with an immunodeficiency please seek guidance specific to your illness from your medical team particularly if you suffer from respiratory issues.
COVID-19 – immunodeficiency and vaccines
With the implementation of Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine national rollout strategy, we have had a range of questions from our members about what this will mean for people with primary or secondary immunodeficiency.
We have compiled a list of resources for you which provide information specific to the immunodeficiency community, the vaccines available in Australia and the national rollout strategy.
This is a topic we will continue to explore throughout 2021.
ASCIA COVID-19 Resources
- ASCIA – COVID-19 vaccine FAQ’s for those living with allergy, immunodeficiency and autoimmunity
- ASCIA – Guide: Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and COVID-19 Vaccination
- ASCIA – Allergy, Immunodeficiency and Autoimmunity COVID-19 Vaccination Position Statement
- ASCIA Position Statement – COVID-19 Prophylaxis in People with Immune Deficiencies
- ASCIA – Evusheld for COVID-19 prophylaxis
Australia Government COVID-19 Resources
- Australian Government – Department of Health – updates for COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Australia’s vaccine national rollout strategy
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- Australian Government – Department of Health – COVID-19 health alert information
IDFA hosts a range of different events/meetings for our members. Upcoming events are listed on our events page.
Rare Disease Day – 28 February 2023
Held on the last day of February each year Rare Disease Day is an international campaign aimed at raising awareness of rare diseases amongst the general public and decision makers about the impact of rare disease on patients’ lives.