Support newborn screening for Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID)
NDIS support letter for Primary Immunodeficiencies. IDFA has compiled a form to use as a supporting document to accompany NDIS applications for Primary Immunodeficiencies. Just download, print and complete. NDIS Support letter Primary Immunodeficiency Contact us on 1800 100 198 if you need assistance.
Brochures and Booklets about PID click to order
What are PIDs? IDFA publication about PIDs. PDF format, 251 KB.
PID Awareness Pin $10 – Tax deductible – Order here
Hoodies, polos, TShirts, banner pens & wristbands – IDFA Products – order form
Travelling with Primary Immunodeficiency
- If you are travelling into or out of Australia and taking immunoglobulin (plasma derived products are regulated as presciption medicines), check travelling with medicines and medical devices on the Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA) website (watch the video).
- Check the medicine is allowed in the country you are travelling to. Do this by contacting their consulate or embassy.
- Some medicines that are legally available in Australia are not allowed in other countries
- Some medicines are legally allowed in other countries but need a permit
- Some medicines need customs clearance – check with customs in each country stop over prior to flying
- Your medication may be illegal at your destination (you may need to ask your doctor about alternatives)
- Restrictions also apply to complementary medicines
- Carry a letter from your doctor
- Keep all medication in original packaging
- Check with your immunologist for arrangements for appointments and infusions in other countries well before leaving Australia or departing your country
Australians needing IVIg overseas
Please consult with your immunologist and refer to the National Blood Authority website well before you travel.
- Australian Government: Dept of Infrastructure and Regional Development, Travelers with Specific Needs
- Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA)
- Contact TGA: [email protected] (link sends e-mail) | 1800 020 653
- Australian list of Consulates
- Australian list of Embassies and Consulates overseas
- Dept of Immigration and Border Protection
- Aust Govt Fact Sheet Travelling With Medicines
- Travelling With Medicines Fact Sheet Dept Immigration and Border Protection
- NBA Supply of blood and blood related products for use by Australian residents temporarily overseas factsheet
IDFA is seeking feedback from members with 2 short surveys. If you have time, we would appreciate you completing this.
National Plan for Rare Diseases