A future where Primary Immune Deficiencies are diagnosed early, communities are more aware of the signs and symptoms of PID, and those affected by PID feel supported.
To promote an understanding of Primary Immune Deficiencies; link members, their families and medical professionals; and advocate for a better quality of life.
Courage: PID can get you down but we get back up together.
Strength: Sometimes, just getting through the day can be tough. We understand.
Engagement and Collaboration: We seek to involve PID affected individuals, families, medical professionals and the wider community.
Determination: Our members, volunteers and staff work tirelessly to give those affected by PID a better quality of life.
Our members: We can all learn something from someone, and those affected by PID have a story worth listening to.
To achieve our Mission via:
Awareness: We work to increase PID awareness in the general and medical community.
Membership: We acknowledge that unity is strength and our aim is to reach and support those affected by PID.
Advocacy: We publicly promote initiatives that will improve quality of life for those affected by PID.
Communication: We will continue to develop and maintain our communication with members, their families, our stakeholders and partners.
- educate and raise awareness of primary immune deficiencies within both the general and medical communities
- provide education, resources, practical advice and emotional support for those with PID, their carers and families
- bring the PID community in Australia together through social media, teleconferencing, patient meetings, events and conferences
- advocate for our members ensuring accurate diagnosis and optimal treatment to provide a better quality of life
1. Promote early diagnosis by being more visible in the medical community.
2. Promote community awareness of the signs and symptoms of PID.
3. Be recognised as the Australian peak patient body for primary immune deficiencies.
4. Support patients and families affected by PID.
5. Advocate the best outcomes for PID patients to improve quality of life.
5. Streamline business processes to ensure maximum efficiency.
6. Become more sustainable by increasing by increasing financial capabilities.